It's always nice to find a clogged drain. Fortunately, there are several methods available that you can try before you need to pick up the phone and call your local plumber.
If hot water is not working and you now have a sink filled with water, you can take a plunger to sink you. If you do not have one, quickly run to the hardware store and purchase local one. You can also hire experts for drain unclogging services in Dublin.
Image Source: Google
Be sure to choose one that has a wooden handle and is made of rubber, whatever will not be effective. If the plunger does not unclog the sink, then your clogged drain can be caused by material in the sink trap. Sink trap is curved pipe under your sink.
To clean the sink trap:
1. Place a bucket under the sink trap to catch water in your clogged sink.
2. Take screwdriver and unscrewed all the screws that hold the trap in the kitchen.
3. Now, grab a hold of the pipe and slowly and carefully pull it down so you can remove the trap.
4. With a bottle brush, clean the inside of the pipe and remove all debris. This will help to reduce the build up in the future.
5. Next, wrap ribbon silicon, also called plumbers tape around the pipe threads.
6. When you put back in the trap in place, be sure to tighten the screws until it is safe to keep it from popping up when you turn on the water.
7. Run hot water through the pipes to flush excess dirt and grime, and then test your sink.