Wood flooring needs minimal maintenance. Regular cleaning will remove any stains that may remain.
Below are the recommended care and maintenance guidelines for chevron parquetry by Zealsea.
Image Source: Google
- To remove dirt and dust from parquet flooring, you can use a vacuum with a soft attachment or a broom. You should do this at least 2 to 3 times per week, or more if necessary.
- The parquet floor should also be mopped every week, aside from regular brooming. This will remove any dirt and grime that regular brooming may have left behind. You should only leave the mop damp enough to remove any moisture from the floor.
- Water and liquid spillages should be cleaned up immediately to avoid any damage to wooden planks.
- In Gold Coast, to clean parquet floors thoroughly, you can use cleaners or solutions that are specifically made for it.
- You will need to polish the parquet floor from time to again to maintain its shine. Use only the best polishing products and avoid using any chemicals or tools that could permanently damage your parquet floor.
- Parquet floors can be damaged by moisture, so it is important to control humidity levels in rooms, especially bathrooms and kitchens. To prevent humidity, ensure proper ventilation and use dehumidifiers.
- In Gold Coast, parquet floors can be damaged by heavy furniture or other items being dragged on them. To prevent your floors from being permanently scratched by furniture legs, use felt pads. You can also trim your pets' nails.
- Parquet floors may have a varnish, shellac, or lacquer finish that fades after a few months. To restore the shine of parquet floors, you should buff them with a wax polish that is suitable for them.